Gwynn Valley Campership Foundation
One of the joys of working at Gwynn Valley Camp is being able to work with children and families from diverse backgrounds and different socio-economic levels, and to have the ability to provide camp scholarships to those who would not be able to attend camp without financial assistance.
The Gwynn Valley Campership Foundation was established in 1997 by Howie and Betty Boyd and is a non-profit endowment held by the Community Foundation of Western NC. The Foundation provides educational and camp experiences to many children and is governed by a Board of Directors who oversee the management, scholarship selection, and distributions from the foundation. Each summer the Foundation is able to provide 25 weeks of camp to well deserving campers. Throughout the history of the Foundation, hundreds of children have been able to experience a sense of community and a connection to the land through outdoor education thanks to its scholarship program.
If you would like to make a donation to the Foundation which enables children from families with restricted resources to attend camp, you can mail a check payable to the Gwynn Valley Campership Foundation to the address below. Or, click the following link to make an online contribution:
These donations are tax-deductible and become part of the permanent endowment providing scholarships for educational and camp experiences to children into perpetuity.
Over the years, there have been several scholarships created in memory of staff who believed strongly in the power and impact of a camp experience. We remember their passion for camp by giving in their names. It takes approximately $43,000 of principal endowment to fund a two-week scholarship and $23,000 to fund a one-week scholarship.
- Mary W. Gwynn Memorial Fund – Fully funded
- Mrs. Price Gwynn (Gammie) Memorial Fund – fully funded
- Robert Bruce Gwynn Memorial Fund – Fully funded
- Rosemary Gwynn Memorial Fund – Fully funded
- Mary Lou Gwynn Memorial Fund – Fully funded
- Howie and Betty Boyd Memorial Fund – Fully funded for 1 week of camp
- Charles Prosser Memorial Fund – Fully funded
- Arthur (Art) and Elizabeth Cleary Memorial Fund – Fully funded for 4 weeks of camp
- Jason Bostic Memorial Fund
- Patsy Bullard Reynolds Memorial Fund
- Stephen (Steve) Gaddy Memorial Fund
- Lenore Kempfer Memorial Fund
- Margaret Savage Memorial Fund
- Gray Taylor Memorial Fund
- Josh Williams Memorial Fund
In addition, a scholarship has been established to honor the following individuals:
- James (Jim) Gwynn
- Dale Robertson, Susie Woodall, Lillie Ware, and Lucille Roberts
- Sharen Garrett and Kay Moran
If you have experienced the joy and love of Gwynn Valley-please share it with others!
If mailing a check, please make it payable to : Gwynn Valley Campership Foundation
Mail to: Gwynn Valley Camp
301 Gwynn Valley Trail
Brevard, NC 28712
For more information concerning the Gwynn Valley Campership Foundation please contact: Gwynn Valley Camp at 828-885-2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions concerning donations contact: Barbara Whitmire at email@example.com.
Refund policy: To request a refund you must contact Gwynn Valley (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 72 hours of submitting as monies are promptly transferred to the Community Foundation of Western NC.
Through the scholarship program, we believe strongly that we are carrying out the vision of Miss Mary, and Howie and Betty. If you are interested in applying for financial assistance, please contact our camp office for a scholarship form and more information.
CAMPERSHIP FOUNDATION AND INCLUSION
“Forever you and your camp remains in my heart. God blessed you with this gift of sharing”